Engineering Professional Development Programs in Region 2000
The CAER is your local source for engineering and science education, delivering a wide variety of professional development opportunities.
Through its strong engineering and science network, the CAER provides one place to turn for all your professional development needs.
The CAER connects you with a large network of engineering and science professionals, as well as key research resources. We have Master Research Agreements with UVA, VT, JMU, VCU and LU SEACS. In addition, we have collaborations with LU Wireless Research Lab, WICAT at UVA, Wireless@VT, Sweet Briar College, and National Instruments.
The CAER works with you to provide tuition assistance, refresher courses, counseling, customized education courses and other support services as needed.
CAER is a National Instruments Certified LabVIEW Academy
Professional Development Hours
Examples of Past Programs
- Rohde & Schwarz electronic measurement workshops
- LabVIEW training and classes
- Project Management Professional: PMP® Exam Preparation Course
- Introduction to Project Management – One Day Seminar
- Introduction to Health Physics Course
- Root Cause Failure Analysis Seminar
- Corrosion Issues in Pressurized Water Reactors Seminar
- Corrosion Control Methods and Tactics Seminar
- EMC Requirements for the Nuclear Environment
- Wireless and EMC Regulations in the US, Canada, and Europe Workshop
- Spectrum Sharing Technology Workshop
- Solid Edge Fundamentals Training Course
- Fundamental, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, and Nuclear PE Examination Preparation Classes
- Project Management Integration with Microsoft Project 2010
- Fundamentals of Nuclear Energy Seminar
- Technical seminars and colloquia