- Establishment of an industry driven alliance in the Lynchburg region directing research in support of area companies.
- Increase in the amount of knowledge creation in the region.
- Increase in the amount of technology transfer and commercialization in the region.
- Improve the level of the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) workforce in the region.
- Improve the long term prospects of both existing and prospective technology based employers in the region.
Check out this short video on the value of the CAER to the Lynchburg region and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Direct economic impact of R&D dollars spent.
- Opportunities for businesses to hire technically competent interns and employees.
- Makes region attractive to new technology companies.
- Research and Development that maintains and creates jobs and investment by keeping existing companies on leading edge.
- Increases local higher education opportunities in technical fields.